Friday, April 2, 2010

Project 9

Integral health not only assist health professional with dealing with the increasing incidence of chronic disease but it also teaches us to acknowledge the multidimensional nature of the human being. Integral health means integrative, inclusive, comprehensive and balance. In our book Wilber stated, “To understand the whole, it is necessary to understand the parts. To understand the parts, it is necessary to understand the whole. Such is the circle of understanding” (Schlitz, Amorok & Micozzi, 2005). The aim of integral health is to gain freedom from suffering and to experience the flourishing of the full potential of our humanity; the natural arising of an inner peace, wholeness, love, compassion and joy that can sustain itself throughout the life cycle irrespective of the presence or absence of disease. This can only be achieved with an integral approach to healing that considers all aspects of human condition. To achieve my goals I have to develop psychologically and spiritually development.
In my optimal well being blog my physical well being was a 6. My spiritual and psychological well being was both a 7. Looking back on these 9 weeks I can see a change and it is a change that I like. But I know I still have more work to do. But now my physical well being is a 7 and spiritual and psychological well being is an 8. I have not made major changes but I have made small baby steps. To assess my spiritual well being I look at how to reconcile my actions with my beliefs. With increasing my spiritual well being I can have overall peace, harmony, and happiness with my life and my surroundings. Physical well being is the ability to understand my body. Understanding what my body can do and my limitations. Developing physical strength, endurance and flexibility. By developing my physical well being it will enhance my self esteem and a sense of direction. With my psychological well being I need to find balance between positive and negative emotions. If I can get my day filled with positive emotions that with negative I can have a sense of a well being in my life. The goal I have for my spiritual development is to read my Bible more and leave things I can’t change into God hands. With my physical well being I want to devote more time to exercise and to think more about body mechanics when working with my patients. Because I can’t afford a back injury. The goal I have for psychological well being is to eliminate my negative thought because my mind has been getting me into trouble. I plan on meditating more to help with my negative thoughts.
To increase my spiritual growth I am going to rely more on God and my prayers. Because I know I can’t achieve anything without God and my prayers have power in them. All I have to have is mustard seed faith. To foster my physical growth I will be exercising three times a week for 30 minutes a day. I have to gain more physical strength and by doing that I have to exercise and eat healthy. When I work with patients I have to think about my body also. So, I will be paying more attention to the position I put my body in. And by remembering to use the proper body techniques I will be going back over the proper body mechanics. In increasing my psychological growth I will be meditation more. Instead of doing it in the morning and at night I will be doing it throughout the day because it has helped me. Then when I get home from work I will be giving myself 15 minutes of me time before I do my household chores. Sometimes my me time will consist of soaking in a tub with warm water with candles around the tub. I would enjoy that.
To keep up with my progress I am going to start keeping a journal. I have not had a journal in so many years. But in the journal I will be able to write my thoughts and how I felt that day. In that journal I can write down quotes and meditation techniques that can help me to keep a positive train of thought. The first thing I will be writing in my journal is my goals and my emergency response. To help with my long term goals I will continue to use the information that I used in this class. Then I have a great support system. By achieving my goals I have to stay positive and continue to take baby steps. I know my journey will not be easy but I want and need to achieve these goals. I can’t be considered wholeness unless I achieve these goals. And how can I help others to become wholeness when I am not there myself.



Thanks
Kali

3 comments:

  1. Kali,

    Keeping a journal is a great goal and I should also do the same. I used to write in a journal years ago and when my husband died. I think it helped me so much and at some point, I just stopped. I kind of felt like I had reached a point where I was just tired of dwelling on feelings of grief and put it away. I should have kept it though because I am in a happy place in my life and need to write down all of those good thoughts I have each day!

    Good luck to you Kali and it has been great getting to correspond with you.

    Jill Shafer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaliasha, It is hard to believe that we have reached the end of this class. I have enjoyed your posts and your comments on mine.I believe you will reach your goals, you have the desire and insight and above all your faith. The practices and techniques that we have learned in this class will help make us better health practitioners, more empathetic,better listeners and I believe we will enjoy our service to others on a much larger scale. Journaling is a wonderful way to watch your goals over time, and to see your progress. I have journaled for many years, and going back over them is fun, and you see your growth and maybe things that are still works in progress. Good luck in your endevours, I have enjoyed you as a class mate. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jill and sharon,

    I will miss you both. had a great time in this class and I learned a lot. ANd the best of all from this class I have met some great people. I believe we all will achieve our goals, it might not be easy but we will get there. And like you said Sharon this class will help us to because better health practitioners, more empathetic and better listeners. I am glad that I took this class because I feel so much better about my life. And now I know that my struggles are making me stronger.

    Thanks a lot. U both will be missed and I hope we meet again:)

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete